Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

So I lied a little...

Below you will find my final versions of the medical icons for my most recent Advanced Graphic Design project. We had to choose three medical branches, and I, of course, chose Psychiatry as my last branch which certainly was freakin hard to represent. So my three branches were Ophthalmology, Nuclear Medicine and Psychiatry. While I was brainstorming, I figured I would call my last branch Neurology, because that's exactly what the icon looked like. However, I developed (I hope) a more representative icon for Psychiatry, although at one point I was ready to accept my current very Neurological-type icon.  By the way, we had to develop a color version of the icons as well.  We could use as much or as little color as we wanted, so I wanted to highlight the 'smaller' parts of the major structures that I created.






3 comments:

dedleg said...

These are sweet - graphic, punchy, high contrast and quickly recognizable. Everything an icon should be. Bueno!

Scarecrows and Creatures said...

ha, gracias dedleg!

Scarecrows and Creatures said...

I heard through the grape vine that mu nuclear medicine icon looks like a dumbbell...exact words by 2 people, SO I think I might make some revisions to that one.